Hello footwear aficionados! Welcome to this week's “If the Shoe Fits” roundup of all things “shoe” across the world and the web. This week find out why footwear giant Adidas have dropped Uruguayan footballer Suarez from the World Cup advertising campaign, discover the best footwear boards on Pinterest and check out Iggy Azalea's trainers. But first...
Shoe Wisdom from 10 Elegant People
As serious shoe aficionados ourselves, the Danco team are head over heels (!) with this fabulous slideshow put together by the ever-glamorous Dana Karlson for Dana Karlson Footwear News. In her slideshow Dana shares inspirational shoe wisdom from some of the most elegant people from fashion past and present. Here are a few of our favourites...
- Marylin Monroe - “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.”
- Christian Dior - “You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet.”
- Manolo Blahnik - “Men tell me that I've saved their marriages. It costs them a fortune in shoes, but it's cheaper than a divorce. So I'm still useful, you see.”
“Sneakers” of the Week
Are you a trainer kind of a person? Nice Kicks' weekly Sneaker Stalker feature is the perfect place to find out what's bedecking the feet of the rich and famous. This week we're very appreciative of Iggy Azalia's Air Jordan 2's in Dark Concord. Looking good.
Adidas Ditches Suarez for World Cup Campaign
After Uruguayan striker Suarez bit an opponent on the football pitch for the second time in his career, footwear giants Adidas have taken the decision to drop the world famous footballer from their World Cup advertising. According to reporter Oyedeji Taiwo at news source Papson Sports the sportswear company will not be featuring Suarez in any further World Cup marketing and support FIFA's decision to suspend the player. Bad news for Uruguayan trainer lovers...
The Best Pinterest for..Crazy, Crazy Shoes
We salute you, Sherrie Martin, for your eagle eyes and your Pinterest addiction. Sherrie has collection hundreds of pins of utterly bananas, ugly shoes and we love it! From monstrous heels to modern art, this is a Pinterest not to miss if you suffer from a shoe addition. A few of our other favourite footwear Pinterests include...
- Shoes by The Coveteur (impeccable taste!) TWITTER
- Retro Shoes by Irina Sarkisova (for a blast from the past)
- Celebrity Shoes & Style by Shoe Tease (for red carpets inspiration)
Do you have a favourite footwear Pinterest? Which celebrity's shoe style do you most admire? Were Adidas right to drop Suarez from the advertising campaign? Who's your shoe wisdom idol? Share your thoughts, inspirations and ideas with our readers below!
Sign up for our Newsletter
|516 Italy Set Salmon - Shoes with Matching Bag Set|
|515 Italy Set Salmon - Shoes with Matching Bag Set|